Are you the 2nd mate DPO who can make the difference? Then you should read further!
As a 2nd mate DPO you carry out duties according to STCW and assist the 1st Officer.
As a 2nd mate DPO you..
- work under first mate’s supervision;
- carries out duties according to STCW;
- contributes to the performance of the operational activities and the optimization of production;
- assists in maintaining the navigation safety;
- update the navigation charts and books;
- operate the DP (and ROV) System;
- observe the quality, health, safety and environmental system.
You need the following qualifications to be a 2nd mate DPO:
- completed a maritime education in navigation;
- have several years work experience in the maritime/offshore field;
- have a Certificate of Competency: Officer in charge of a navigational watch (II/1), Maritime Officer no limitations (VII/2) or Chief mate (II/2);
- have the required, valid certificates for the position according STCW 2010 Amendments;
- have a valid HUET or BOSIET certificate;
- have a STCW VI/6 Security Awareness or VI/6 Designated Security ( preferable);
- have a full DP certificate unlimited;
- have a valid Passport, Seaman's Book, Seafarers Medical;
- have a strong awareness of Health, Safety and Environment;
- have a hands-on and no nonsense mentality;
- have a good command of English.
What are your benefits?
- A competitive salary, including numerous interesting advantages, for example health insurance;
- A challenging position with corresponding responsibilities;
- Opportunities to develop your career in a competitive multinational environment;
- Working in close cooperation with a team of motivated colleagues;
- Top quality education and training opportunities.
We are a dynamic, highly specialized, offshore company
DEME Offshore is amongst the global market leaders in the engineering, procurement, construction, installation and maintenance of offshore wind farms, jetty and mooring systems , the installation and decommissioning of offshore structures and specialized consulting and contracting in geosciences.
Over the recent years, DEME Offshore has seen its activity successfully expand, driven by investment in innovative techniques, high-tech equipment and qualified and motivated people.
Are you the expert we are looking for? Apply now via our online application form.
Recruitment by commercial agencies in relation to this or other vacancies is not appreciated.