Do you want to work for a world company highly specialized in every type of offshore energy activities, from the extracted resources of oil and gas to the renewables of wind, wave and tidal? Then you should read further!
The deck leader is responsible to supervise in his shift the riggers/ab and crane operator to ensure that the deck and vessel operations is executed in a safe, efficient, organized and controlled manner in accordance with the task plans, procedures and EMPLOYER’S regulations.
As a Deck Leader you...
- are responsible for all deck-related activities;
- lead the riggers/AB and crane operator during cable installation operations
- ensure deck activities are implemented in a safe and efficient manner and all relevant Risk Assessments and Work Permits are prepared, conducted and implemented;
- ensure the deck crew is properly briefed through the Toolbox meeting prior to commencement of deck-related activities;
- maintain safe working practices and a high level of safety awareness;
- ensure rigging equipment is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s intended purpose;
- ensure the rigging log and inventory is maintained and applicable certification is valid and available on board;
- ensure color coding is maintained;
- check tools are suitable and appropriate;
- make sure the tools are utilized in line with applicable procedures and relevant site/inspection;
- prepare assessments/evaluations for riggers and crane operators;
- coordinate vessel related activities of riggers/AB and crane operator;
- report to the Cable Lay Supervisor.
You need the following qualifications to be a Deck Lead..
- have a valid HUET or BOSIET certificate / GWO Basic Safety trainings;
- have a STCW VI/6 Security Awareness or VI/6 Designated Security ( preferable);
- have a valid Passport, Seaman's Book, Seafarers Medical;
- have a strong awareness of Health, Safety and Environment;
- have a hands-on and no nonsense mentality;
- have a good command of English.
What are your benefits?
- opportunities to develop your career in a competitive multinational environment.
- working in close cooperation with a team of motivated colleagues.
- top quality education and training opportunities.
- a competitive salary with extra-legal benefits.
We are a dynamic, highly specialized, offshore company
DEME Offshore is amongst the global market leaders in the engineering, procurement, construction, installation and maintenance of offshore wind farms, jetty and mooring systems , the installation and decommissioning of offshore structures and specialized consulting and contracting in geosciences.
Over the recent years, DEME Offshore has seen its activity successfully expand, driven by investment in innovative techniques, high-tech equipment and qualified and motivated people.
Are you the expert we are looking for? Apply now via our online application form.
Recruitment by commercial agencies in relation to this or other vacancies is not appreciated.