As Cable Design Engineer, you will work on the cable design phase of our EPC subsea cable installation projects. You will be part of a small, international team, supported and coached by an experienced manager. In this position you will have to collaborate with different parties and you will contribute to our vision: creating a sustainable future.
- Follow up the cable and accessories design and manufacturing phases of our project, from the post contract award until the cable load-out;
- review design and technical manufacturing documentation related to cables.
- manage client reviews and make sure the documentation is finalized and agreed by the client in time;
- follow up on Inspection and Test Plans and Type Test Plans;
- assist in pre-manufacturing factory audits;
- witness selected routine and type tests;
- report to the cable fabrication manager.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline;
- experience in designing electrical power distribution equipment is a plus;
- interest in aspects such as surrounding cable engineering, such as installation engineering, commercial activities, cable production and project management;
- ability to prioritize and meet deadlines;
- team player and customer oriented;
- fluent in verbal and written English;
- flexible attitude to work in the office and occasionally abroad.
What we offer
- An extensive mobility program for a healthy work-life balance;
- a permanent training track which allows you to develop yourself personally and professionally;
- a stimulating, innovative workplace with numerous growth opportunities;
- a people-oriented environment with an interactive health program and a focus on employee wellbeing.
We are a dynamic, highly specialized, offshore company
DEME Offshore is amongst the global market leaders in the engineering, procurement, construction, installation and maintenance of offshore wind farms, jetty and mooring systems, the installation and decommissioning of offshore structures and specialized consulting and contracting in geosciences.
Over the recent years, DEME Offshore has seen its activity successfully expand, driven by investment in innovative techniques, high-tech equipment and qualified and motivated people.
Are you the expert we are looking for? Apply now via our online application form.