As Design Manager at DIMCO you will be involved in marine infrastructure/civil projects (i.e. port & harbor constructions, immersed tunnels, tunneling and foundation works) that complement and reinforce DEME’s activities. DIMCO has a large team of experts in engineering and design, which you can complete. New projects such as the Fehmarnbelt link between Denmark and Germany, the new lock of Terneuzen and many other projects, require a multidisciplinary and innovative approach. You are a key player in the Project Management team through the technical preparation of the project.
- You are responsible for the design strategy, respecting the contractual terms and the budget of the project.
- You take overall accountability for the Design Quality.
- Leading an important engineering team, built up of internal collaborators and collaborators from the design offices.
- Coordination of the design information & design requirements.
- You set up the design organization in collaboration with the project manager.
- Reviewing & managing design changes.
- You Manage the design planning & design budget
- Work in close collaboration with the Head of Engineering Department of DIMCO
- You are qualified in Design &Engineering of water-related infrastructure.
- You're familiar with the establishment and assessment of international tenders.
- Experienced in working out concepts, and the preliminary design of complex infrastructure projects is essential.
- Your project management skills are high level
- You are as teamplayer able to work collaboratively with a large number of disciplines and trades, with a diverse range of organizations and individuals.
- Experience with systems engineering (ISO 15088) or Building Information Modelling (BIM) (is an asset).
- You are prepared to work at our head office or on a project site.
- You have a good command of Dutch and English, both spoken and in writing.
- An extensive mobility program for a healthy work-life balance
- A permanent training track* which allows you to develop yourself personally and professionally.
- A stimulating, innovative workplace with numerous growth opportunities.
- A people-oriented environment with an interactive health program and a focus on employee wellbeing.