DEME’s fleet includes 90 major ships and some 200 auxiliary vessels, which together provide a platform for the competitive and efficient executions of complex and multidisciplinary projects all over the world. As a Electrical Engineer you are one of the specialists within our Technical Department, responsible for our fleet of vessels.
- You are responsible for the coordination and follow up of the electrical installations installed on our dredging and offshore vessels worldwide.
- You provide support and advice to the electricians on board of our vessels, either from our head office in Belgium or when required, from abroad.
- Furthermore, you will assist in the preparation and implementation of projects related to the installation or optimization of electrical installations on board of our vessels.
- During the installation phase you will provide guidance to the project team at the ship yard.
- Your specific tasks include amongst others: giving advice on stock policy, evaluating electrical subcontractors, coordinating repairs on site and in dry docks, providing detailed advice to Vessel Managers, providing remote and onsite technical support for crew on board and preparing work lists for planned repair periods.
- You are an Industrial Engineer, or a Bachelor in Electricity or equal by experience - young graduates are also welcome.
- You are experienced in the construction, management, maintenance or optimization of marine electrical installations.
- You are a team player and you have good communication skills.
- You are able to provide technical support and guidance to colleagues.
- You are working from our head office at Zwijndrecht and you are prepared to travel abroad quite frequently for specific projects, whenever required.
- A certificate BA4 – BA5 High Voltage is an asset.
- Knowledge of PLC is an asset.
- You are fluent both in Dutch and English.
What we offer
- An extensive mobility program for a healthy work-life balance.
- A permanent training track which allows you to develop yourself personally and professionally.
- A stimulating, innovative workplace with numerous growth opportunities.
- A people-oriented environment with an interactive health program and a focus on employee wellbeing.