Do you want to be part of our maritime engineering crew on board of one of our vessels? Then you should read further!
As an engineer you are part of the engine room watch and performs watch duties, with due consideration for the engine room safety.
As an engineer you..
- carry out duties according to STCW;
- maintain and repair the technical equipment on board according to instructions of 1st / chief engineer;
- operate main and auxiliary machinery and associated control system;
- assists the 1st/chief engineer for the efficient and safe running maintenance of the equipment;
- maintain a safe engineering watch;
- observe the quality, health, safety and environmental system.
You need the following qualifications to be an engineer:
- completed a maritime education in engineering;
- have several years work experience in the maritime/offshore field;
- have a Certificate of Competency Officer in charge of a engineering watch (III/1) or second engineer (III/2);
- have the required, valid certificates for the position, according STCW 2010 Amendments;
- have a valid HUET or BOSIET certificate (preferable);
- have a STCW VI/6 Security Awareness or VI/6 Designated Security (preferable);
- have a valid Passport, Seaman's Book, Seafarers Medical;
- have a strong awareness of Health, Safety and Environment;
- have a hands-on and no nonsense mentality;
- have a good command of English.
What are your benefits?
- A competitive salary, including numerous interesting advantages, for example health insurance;
- A challenging position with corresponding responsibilities;
- Opportunities to develop your career in a competitive multinational environment;
- Working in close cooperation with a team of motivated colleagues;
- Top quality education and training opportunities.
We are a dynamic, highly specialized, offshore company
DEME Offshore is amongst the global market leaders in the engineering, procurement, construction, installation and maintenance of offshore wind farms, jetty and mooring systems , the installation and decommissioning of offshore structures and specialized consulting and contracting in geosciences.
Over the recent years, DEME Offshore has seen its activity successfully expand, driven by investment in innovative techniques, high-tech equipment and qualified and motivated people.
Are you the expert we are looking for? Apply now via our online application form.