As a Fabrications Manager for EPCI Projects you are in charge of the (onshore) foundation construction for Offshore Windfarm EPCI projects. In this function you will report to the Category Buyer Foundations (based in Luxembourg) and the respective EPCI Project Manager(s) located in the Deme HQ of Belgium or on one of the project sites in Europe or overseas.
- You are responsible for the foundation construction (fabrication) of offshore windfarm EPCI projects.
- You will act as an authorised representative towards the selected steel subcontractor(s) for contractual, technical, HSSE and financial management of the subcontracts and liaise for these aspects with your fabrication follow up teams at the fabrication yards and the EPCI project manager(s) in the DEME HQ or on one of the project sites.
- The administrative management of the steel subcontract package(s) is taken care of by you.
- You will scrutinise the employer’s and contractor’s requirements related to the foundation fabrication and manage them in the fabrication process. Where required, you will be assisted by technical experts.
- You will assist the tender package manager, category buyer - foundations and EPCI project manager during the final subcontract negotiations.
- You will manage design changes towards fabricators and related variation orders within the context of agreed subcontract in close collaboration with the category buyer - foundations and EPCI project manager.
- You will manage fabrication related changes in the main contract with our client and translate them into changes in the subcontract in close collaboration with the category buyer - foundations and EPCI project manager.
- You manage any claim, delay, changes, … evoked by the fabricator within the context of agreed subcontract in close collaboration with the category buyer - foundations and EPCI project manager. You will report on a weekly basis to the category buyer - foundations and the respective EPCI project manager(s).
- Where required you will be assisted by a contracts manager or legal counsel.
- You are preferably holding a Master Degree in Engineering (or equivalent by experience but as a minimum holding a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering).
- Having experience in fabrication management of steel structures is an asset.
- You are an experienced user of the most common MS Office applications. Knowledge of planning programs, such as MS Projects and Primavera is an asset.
- You can express yourself fluently in spoken and written English. Knowledge of German and/or French and/or another language is an asset.
- You are analytical and able to work in a structured way. You also have well developed administrative skills.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are willing to work abroad (within Europe and overseas) for short and/or long term assignments.
What we offer
- An extensive mobility program for a healthy work-life balance.
- A permanent training track which allows you to develop yourself personally and professionally.
- A stimulating, innovative workplace with numerous growth opportunities.
- A people-oriented environment with an interactive health program and a focus on employee wellbeing.