Interested in becoming our new geologist?
DEME is a global solutions provider in a challenging and rapidly changing world. Our expertise and vast experience has been deployed over the centuries for dredging, environmental and marine engineering business solutions such as: port construction and improving maritime access worldwide. We have been creating land for 150 years and will continue to do so in the future. Therefore we are looking for motivated candidates to reinforce our team
- While working at our head office you are responsible for the set up of the geological and geotechnical models and you determine the soil-technical information necessary for the production calculations.
- Furthermore you are interested in fieldwork and prepared to work all over the world to follow up and/or supervise geotechnical and geophysical research.
- You hold at least a Master degree in (Marine) Geology and have minimum 5 years of experience in the sector
Knowledge of geophysical and geotechnical research methods, understanding of sedimentological processes in a maritime environment and insight in recent geology are required
Experience in management of geological databases is an asset
You are fluent in Dutch and English. Knowledge of any other language would be an asset
You are prepared to work both abroad and in our head office
- Opportunities to develop your career in a competitive multinational environment in Belgium, as well as abroad.
- Working in close cooperation with a team of motivated colleagues.
- Top quality education and training opportunities.
- A competitive salary with extra-legal benefits