Due to our sustained investment effort DEME operates one of the largest and most modern, versatile and purpose-built fleets in the world. DEME’s fleet includes 90 major ships and some 200 auxiliary vessels, which together provide a platform for the competitive and efficient executions of complex and multidisciplinary projects all over the world. As a Maintenance & Repair Coordinator within our Technical Department you support the Project Leader Dockings & Major Repairs, collaborating with different parties.
- Supporting the vessel management team during the preparation of major repairs / dockings.
- Preparation of MR, alignment with shipyards (preparation of the final Tender Documents, clarification of the specifications with the shipyard,...).
- Evaluation of contracts (evaluation of quotations of the different shipyards, discussing of the Ship Repair Contract Conditions with the shipyards, discussing of the planning, price, liabilities, correspondence etc. with the shipyard, evaluation of the Method Statements issued by the shipyard, evaluation of different shipyards and subcontractors, service level agreements with subcontractors...).
- Preparing Best And Final Offer (BAFO) (selection of the most appropriate shipyard, finalizing of the budget request, supporting the Vessel Manager in setting up initial planning).
- During MR: assisting the MR Team with checking for variations to the original tender specifications, preparing the final invoices and claims with the MR Team.
- You work according to the current DEME standards regarding QHSE-S.
- You are accurate in making cost calculations.
- You have experience with contracts (experience with shipyards is a plus).
- You are a coordinator, also a strong team player.
- You are people-oriented and able to maintain an active network.
- You are a meticulous planner.
- You suggest improvement possibilities.
- You are based in our HQ in Zwijndrecht, willing to work abroad (very) occasionally.
What we offer
- An extensive mobility program for a healthy work-life balance.
- A permanent training track which allows you to develop yourself personally and professionally.
- A stimulating, innovative workplace with numerous growth opportunities.
- A people-oriented environment with an interactive health program and a focus on employee wellbeing.