Interested in becoming one of our deck officer?
DEME is a global solutions provider in a challenging and rapidly changing world. Our expertise and vast experience has been deployed over the centuries for dredging, environmental and marine engineering business solutions such as: port construction and improving maritime access worldwide. We have been creating land for 150 years and will continue to do so in the future. Therefore we are looking for motivated candidates to reinforce our team.
- You will work on board a TSHD, SPCSD or split barge depending on your motivation and skills.
- You will be responsible for the watchkeeping and navigation, the dredging process, the maintenance of the dredging equipment and the daily operations on board.
- You will be communicating with the project managers, site superintendents, surveyors and local authorities is part of the daily job.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in nautical sciences or you followed an ‘MBO-4’ or ‘HBO’ education in a maritime academy or nautical institute.
- You hold a COC (Certificate of Competency in accordance with the international convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers,1978, as amended 1995)
- You can express yourself fluently in English.
- You will be working on projects in Belgium, as well as abroad.
- Preferably you already are basically experienced in dredging or willing to learn.
- Opportunities to develop your career in a competitive multinational environment in Belgium, as well as abroad.
- Working in close cooperation with a team of motivated colleagues.
- Top quality education and training opportunities.
- A competitive salary with extra-legal benefits.