To construct a jetty for the unloading/reloading of the world’s largest LNG carriers at the Dunkerque LNG Terminal. DEME’s scope included the supply of 186 steel tube piles, ranging in size from Ø1220 mm to Ø2800 mm, as well as the construction of a 300 m causeway.
Our solution included:
- Supply and piling 148 steel tube piles Ø1220 mm, up to 47 m long
- Supply and piling 28 steel tube piles Ø1800 for main platform and breasting beam
- Supply and piling 10 steel tube piles Ø2800 for breasting and mooring dolphins
- Construction of a 300 m causeway (double driving lane, walkway, pipe rack)
- Construction of main platform substructure (steel lattice with concrete deck)
- Construction of main platform superstructure
- Construction of jetty control building
- Supply and installation dolphin pile heads, walkways and breasting beam
- Installation of fenders, QRHs, cathodic protection, etc.