Cookies are small files which are downloaded to a user’s device when visiting DEME’s website. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time. Most browsers support cookies, but users can set their browsers to decline them and can delete them whenever they like.
What is a cookie
Are there cookies being set without my consent?
Yes. The cookies which are set to allow us to track visitor data with Google Analytics are being set without your consent but in a way, which is compliant with GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation).
To optimally respect your privacy and still be able to learn some things from our site visitors without being able to identify them, we took the following measures:
- We are hereby informing you we are tracking visitors with Google Analytics cookies.
- We anonymise your IP address, which makes you unidentifiable.
- DEME accepted the data processing amendment of Google in response to GDPR.
- We disabled data sharing in Google Analytics account settings.
- We disabled the use of user-id in Google Analytics, so we cannot associate data from different devices and multiple sessions to discover how users interact with our content over an extended period of time.
What cookies are we using?
We use 2 types of cookies on the DEME website:
Necessary cookies help make the DEME website work by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
The purposes of these cookies are:
- To identify trusted web traffic
- Ensure our website works properly
- Enhance performance and detect errors
- Save settings and preferences
These are first-party cookies placed both temporarily (during this visit) and permanently (across visits).
These cookies help us to understand how visitors interact with our websites by collecting anonymous information. They don’t identify you by personal information, so the gathered info is anonymised. They tell us what pages you look at, how you navigate, and how long you stay on our website.
The purposes of these cookies are:
- Collect data on the number of times a user has visited the DEME website as well as dates of the first and last visit.
- Collect a time stamp of the last visit of the user as well as when the users leaves the DEME site in order to calculate the duration of a visit.
- Measure the speed of the request to the server.
- To collect data on:
- Where the user came from
- What search engine was used
- What link was clicked
- What search term was uses
- Measure the DEME website’s speed and performance.
- Commercial third-party cookies: keep track of which advertisements are being shown to what user. (Not relevant on our site as we do not publish advertisements. The cookies are however set because DEME can use functionality from those third parties, such as for instance LinkedIn.)
Some of these analysis cookies are third-party cookies. These are owned and used by other companies to collect data across websites. Cookies with the same name can be used by different providers, for the same purpose, for instance the _ga cookie to distinguish unique users (without knowing their identity).
Via following link, you can consult all cookies used by DEME.
If you have any questions or comments on the usage of cookies on the DEME website, you can contact DEME’s Data Protection Office.
Data Protection Office
2070 Zwijndrecht, Belgium